Where do I buy tylan? I want the powder kind

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by peafowlmom, Jan 3, 2012.

1. peafowlmom

peafowlmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Summerville ,SC
    Searched local TS but they only had injectible (sp?)for cattle. I really think I need to keep some on hand.

2. trailchick

trailchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Ebay has powder that is cheaper than DrsFosterSmith.....
    (DRFS-requires script)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tylan-Solua...159?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230df6df2f

$46.97 / 100 gram/Free Shipping

Think I need to get some, to keep on hand.....

Per Hopkins:
    Tylan powder (100 g): Tylan powder is a good antibiotic for respiratory illnesses in peafowl.
    Mix 1 ½ teaspoons of Tylan powder into 1 gallon of water and mix thoroughly.
    Mix this solution with 5 gallons of drinking water.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  3. trailchick

trailchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Also have bees but I dont treat them but- this Tylan powder can be used to
    control of american floubrood in honey bees.

I guess I need to look in my bee catalogs.....

4. oldiabird

oldiabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Audubon, Iowa
    Quote:I just keep Tylan 50 injectable on hand, when you have a problem give a couple cc's right in the breast ,might take a day or two maybe three, but if you can't catch them again, they'll be okay! I'm not a vet, but an old guy that had had peafowl fo lots of years told me that at the first sign of respiratory problem, give them a shot ,if they still have a problem the next day give them another shot, I've done this for the last 4 or 5 years (haven' lost any since using it) don't have to treat everybody just because one has a problem!! I'm not a vet, just passing on info from an old raiser! GOOD LUCK!!!!

5. Jeffers has powder Tylan.

6. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    I have an auction for a new bottle here on BYC. Good price and free shipping. Check my signature for the link. Thank you!

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I personally have never found the powder as effective as the injectable . You can give the injection just under skin or squeeze some in the mouth...... I go under the skin, seems to work better for me.

8. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Quote:I just keep Tylan 50 injectable on hand, when you have a problem give a couple cc's right in the breast ,might take a day or two maybe three, but if you can't catch them again, they'll be okay! I'm not a vet, but an old guy that had had peafowl fo lots of years told me that at the first sign of respiratory problem, give them a shot ,if they still have a problem the next day give them another shot, I've done this for the last 4 or 5 years (haven' lost any since using it) don't have to treat everybody just because one has a problem!! I'm not a vet, just passing on info from an old raiser! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Please don't shoot it into the breast... Tylan causes permanent muscle damage. I would consider injecting into the muscle ONLY in and emergency.

9. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX

Please don't shoot it into the breast... Tylan causes permanent muscle damage. I would consider injecting into the muscle ONLY in and emergency.

[​IMG]

10. Bigcreekpeafowl

Bigcreekpeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Quote:Please don't shoot it into the breast... Tylan causes permanent muscle damage. I would consider injecting into the muscle ONLY in and emergency.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]...X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by