Where do I find some good/cheap nipple waters?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I am wanting to get some nipple waters, where is a good place to find some? Thanks

~ Aspen

2. Carter57

Carter57 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    I have ordered from CConly.com and QCsupply.com aned had good rsultes from both. There are about the same price. Shipping was a little faster from QC supply.

3. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I got some on Ebay. Won't do that again. They were really poor quality and dripped constantly. Got the new ones from QC and have been really happy with them.

eta: BYCer Neil Grassbaugh (sp?) sells them too. You could look him up and shoot him a PM.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Thanks, to the both of you. [​IMG]

Also, do you know where I might find some Leg bands? For Chickens of all ages?

~ Aspen

5. NewChic13

NewChic13 Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    S. Lake Tahoe
    I went to the feed store today and asked about them... believe me, you get a really funny look when you ask "Do you sell chicken nipples?" [​IMG] I can't believe they had no idea what I was talking about. I guess online is the only route. But I found the shipping cost more than the dang nipples!!!

6. RiddleMe

RiddleMe Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I got mine at my local feed and farm store. Base cost was a little more expensive than some of the ones online, but no shipping! I've been using them for about a month now and no dripping issues.

7. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    I can sell you some, What type and how many are you looking for?

360 degree are easiest for chickens

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I need enough for around 150+ chickens. Can chicks use them, too? As for type, you would know better than me. [​IMG]

~ Aspen

9. bullpup95

bullpup95 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Vancleave, MS
    Check out Southernfarmhatchery.com . He has a really great deal on nipple waterers right now. Local TSC doesn't have any so I don't know if that's an option. He sells in bulk too.

10. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    For chicks, I would definately use the 360 degree nipples. The straight ones can be too difficult for them to use and figure out.
    I can ship you 150 if you need them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by