Where do i put water?!?!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenPeep, Sep 30, 2011.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    I just got an incubator along with some eggs. I cant figure out where to put the water!! Its a Little Giant Model 9200 Still air incubator.
    Thanks!!

2. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    In those low spots on the bottom of the incubator.

3. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Quote:Ok thanks!

4. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
  5. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    I figured out the problem. The bottom was upside down!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Quote:Down in the bottom you have three chambers, two that look like | and one that looks like a squared off O. During incubation, the O normally is about all you need to get the humidity in line. To bump it up during hatch, fill it and the two straight liners.

Notice I said normally back there? It will depend upon your ambient room humidity too. Right now with an LG I have two choices: dry incubation or no incubation. Since the air is so dry (drought conditions here), I have to fill the big one and a smaller one to get up to about 35%. During hatch, I fill the final chamber and add a sponge in a bottle.

Splurge when you can and get a fan in there. Definitely helps on keeping the temp leveled out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by