Where do y'all buy your White Millet?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by mick&cori, Aug 5, 2011.

1. mick&cori

mick&cori Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I'm in Central Indiana - but didn't see anywhere close to here that sells it. [​IMG]

If online, have you found a place with the best prices & S&H? [​IMG]

Thanks for your help! [​IMG]

2. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    If you can't find any... you could try and find some wild bird seed mixes that are mostly millet. I get big bags of it whenever it is on sale at tractor supply. Even large pet store chains usually carry wild bird seed mixes or even large bags of cockatiel feed mixes that contain a lot of millet. Just make sure whatever you do buy doesn't contain any seeds that are too large for the keets that could run the risk of choking.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  3. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    I got mine at my feed store. They didn't have it out with the birdseed, but had 50lb. bags for $17. I have it in airtight buckets with gamma seals, as I only have 7 guineas. 50 lbs. fit in less than 2 5 gallon buckets. I mix a little wheat in, as the guineas seem to really love that too.

4. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

In a pinch Parakeet seed is mostly white millet. With a few unrolled oats thrown in.

5. CYGChickies

CYGChickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    Drs Foster and Smith has bags of pure white millet. There's a huge sale now, customer service is great and shipping is free on all orders over $49.

CYG

6. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    My local feed store has the white millet, but I usually buy the wild bird mix with the millet in it since it is cheaper.

[​IMG]

7. Greg in NH

Greg in NH New Egg

May 9, 2014
    Hi Cindy,
    Where is that store that you mentioned, with white millet @ $17.00 a bag?
    Thanks,
    Greg in NH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by