Where do you advertise your chickens for sale?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by aqhaktberry3, Sep 6, 2009.

1. aqhaktberry3

aqhaktberry3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Central FL
    Where do you advertise your chickens for sale? I have 5 roosters that I need to sell ASAP before they start fighting with each other. I have advertised on Craigslist, but thats it. Thanks for all your help!

2. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I also post signs on local bulletin boards, especially those at the local feed store, but also at the grocery stores & laundromats. Your local FreeCycle may allow offers for animals, but you'll have to offer them for free.

Keep in mind that positions available for roosters as pets or flock husbands aren't always easy to find, you may have to get comfortable with the idea of these roos becoming dinner guests for some grateful family. And depending on the availability of other roosters in your area, you may not be able to sell them for much more than $5-$10.

I wish you success!

3. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I give mine away on Freecycle.

4. SPRING CREEK FARM

SPRING CREEK FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Vanleer,TN
    [​IMG] Along with your postings on craigslist, also try posting on localsalesnetwork.com and bestfarmbuys.com. I have had much success using these sites when it comes to selling our different livestock, not just the chickens! [​IMG] Of course, we sell most of the stock local, but as I said, we do advertise using these sites and we are quite pleased with our resulting extra sales!! [​IMG]

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    All of the above!

Don't forget BYC and Ovabid. Eggbid is going down hill and no mods have been regulated on there which it used to have 3-4 pages of chickens at the height of its career. It is buyer's beware!

6. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Do you have a lot of woods in your backyard? Put them deep into the woods at nighttime, you will never See Them* again (9 out of 10 times.) my grandfarther used to do it alot. (lotts of coyotes) One nested in a tree for about 2 years (never heard of a chicken do that) It was quite the site [​IMG]

edited to change wolves to coyotes

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  7. SPRING CREEK FARM

SPRING CREEK FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Vanleer,TN
    Quote:Yes, of course, here on BYC, that's a given![​IMG] I have also had success with my posts here on BYC selling some of my bantams. I am not familiar with Ovabid, but advertise on every possible site that allows for free advertising, especially those that come with good reccommendations! [​IMG]

8. NEK38583

NEK38583 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    Quote:I think what is hurting egg bid. Is you have to pay a commision with BYC you don't. There is many other methods you can sale where you don't I think that is hurting eggbid more than anything.

9. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    I finally found a home for my cochin Bantam Roos.
    all 13 LoL, yes I am lucky. right now they are running and have stopped fighting.I have been looking for the last 6 months
    thats how old they are .. they are all freebe-s
    I hope they follow thru.
    put up
    signs at any Feed or localCo-op store.
    Good luck.

10. marie09

marie09 New Egg

Sep 23, 2009
    Well, mostly by word of mouth or putting signs outside the house. It doesn't really work much if you advertise on the internet.

Regards,
    Marie
    prĂȘts travaux

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by