Where do you buy feed in the Chicago area?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by lalyswishytail, Jan 18, 2009.

1. lalyswishytail

lalyswishytail Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2009
    Chicago area
    I'm not good at finding this kind of information out on the web. Can anyone help me figure out where to go for food for chickens? I live in the Chicago area but work in Naperville. If you know of something in Naperville, (or DuPage or Kane counties), that would be a BIG help! Thanks! Maybe you also know where to get pine shavings?

2. hnbubz

hnbubz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    i live in chicago too and had the same question

3. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

I work with Hueber's Feeds based in Creston. They have subdealers throughout Northeastern Illinois. Check them out:

Hueber's Feeds

Jim

4. ()relics

()relics horse/dog shrink

Jan 4, 2009
    indiana
    I live in northwest indiana...I buy feed and pine shavings in bulk and transport it in smaller quantities throughout the Chicagoland area. I don't have all types of feed and I don't get into the city everyday but I may be able to help you if you let me know what type of feed you are looking for and when you will need it. I always have pine shavings either loose or in bundles and chicken layer feed in 40# bags.
    You may find it elsewhere but if not contact me...I travel to most of the larger horse boarding/training facilities...I may be able to meet you at one of them...I think I will be working on a horse starting this week in Wadsworth...I don't know where that is in relation to you.

5. lalyswishytail

lalyswishytail Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2009
    Chicago area
    thanks ()relic! Actually, I have found some other leads that are much closer. I appreciate your offer!

6. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Farm & Fleet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by