Where do you buy tractor wheels? and what kind?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ScaredOfShadows, Jun 18, 2010.

1. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

I was wondering where everyone bought their wheels for their tractors or where they recycled them from?

Trashcans? Lawnmowers? [​IMG]

I have been looking to find some push mower tires used to keep my guise of recycled/reused coop with my mini coop, but I haven't had any luck and I know you can find these type of tires pretty cheap so I was wondering where so I can just get it over with and buy some. lol.

Thank you guys.

2. kev_n_jena

kev_n_jena Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2010
    East Central Illinois
    I buy mine at Menards although I'm sure any home improvement store would have them. The ones I uses are 8 inches in diameter with 1/2 inch diameter bearings. They only cost about $6 each and have hard rubber tires. When I mount them I use a 1/2 in. dia. bolts and support both sides of the wheel. You might be able to see how they're supported in my last post.

Kev & Jena

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

You can get all kinds of them at Tractor Suppy.

4. ScaredOfShadows

Okay I'll check at TSC tomorrow, I'm heading up to Danville to waste time and probably money at the fleamarket - lol so I'll swing by the TSC up there and check out their variety.

Thanks you guys.

5. gogoalie

gogoalie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Alaska
    I used lawnmower wheels...they don't have lawnmowers on the L. Yukon so I ordered mine outta Northern Tool...

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Where the heck is Semora, North Carolina? I know where Danville is.

7. ScaredOfShadows

Semora is right on the Virginia line above Durham and Roxboro. Its like 1.5 miles from my front door to the VA line. I'm about 20 minute drive from Danville VA.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by