Where do you buy your egg cartons?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chickensx5, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Chickensx5

Chickensx5 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2013
    Hello I was wondering where everyone buys there egg cartons I'm getting 2 eggs a day and very soon 4 eggs a day need to buy cartons with all my eggs!! Where do you buy your egg cartons at? Thank you!!

2. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Are you selling eggs, or are these for your own use? How many would you need?

If the eggs are for your own use, get a friend who buys eggs in foam cartons to save them for you. Use second-hand foam instead of paperboard because they are washable. There are some clear plastic Egglands Best cartons that work well for this, also.

If you're selling eggs and need bulk orders of virgin cartons, there are lots of online places to buy. I like Zellwin Farms http://www.zellwin.com/AboutUs.asp for large orders. If you are within driving distance of a poultry supply company, buy large quantities and don't pay shipping. It's the cost of the shipping that kills you. For example, it's cheaper for me to drive 2+ hours each way to Meyer and pick up cartons than to buy the same quantity with "free shipping" from another company.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by