Where do you buy your poultry vaccinations from?

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
I was just curious as to where everyone buys their vaccinations from, that is IF you vaccination. Thanks!

fl.gif
Praying for your chickens. I take it that they aren't doing well since you have asked this.
sad.png

Sorry I can't help you with the vaccination question. The only thing we do besides the med's in their water when needed is a shot of penicillin in the breast on occasion. dh is good at figuring it down to the cc for chickens. I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you out.

Thank you Keeper. They actually are doing some better, but I'm vaccinating against this junk in the future. I have nailed down that they have Infectious Bronchitis. Everything points to that and there is a vaccination available for it. I have 42 eggs in the bator due to hatch on the 21st and I need to try and protect those babies against this if I can.

Chickenzoo - I appreciate your recommendations there! I have tried First State and they do have what I want, I'm just trying to find a better deal. The vaccination itself is only $6 but then I have to buy a styrofoam box that is around $10 + the shipping on top of that. I just hate to have to pay so much for a vaccination that isn't expensive in the first place! If I have to, then so be it. I'm just a bargain shopper trying to find the best deal out there.
smile.png

Chickenzoo - I just checked Jeffers out and they are WAY cheaper! The vaccination is $4.97 and the cooler is only $3.00! Thanks for that info.
smile.png

Last edited:
Best of luck. Packing and shipping is very important when it comes to meds. To ship a few dollars of lab stuff, it may be 50-100 in shipping due to the strict conditions it needs to be kept in for safe and effective arrival. It would be terrible if you had a vaccine or drug, but turned out due to shipping, it became ineffective. Best of luck.

Quote:
Thank you silkie! Jeffers wasn't to bad shipping wise. It was less than $20 for overnight and the cooler is $3.00 and the ice pack is $1.00. Not to bad. I agree that it is important to make sure that the vaccination is kept cold enough to be effective. I'm just trying to find the most cost effective option out there. In the end, however, I will pay whatever is necessary to make sure that I get what I need and it to be effective. I NEVER want to go through this illness again.
smile.png

Yep, Jeffers is normally pretty good and I get things fast....My husband is always in awe that it takes his stuff so long to get here but my stuff from Jeffers gets in within 1 to 3 days pending what it is.
big_smile.png

Hi Gumpsgirl,
I can't help you with your med question but want you to know you and your flock have been in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like you are doing all the right things....keep us updated please. Your experience could have happened to a lot of us.

Anne

Are you sure you want to vaccinate for IB? It is usually not fatal.

Have you gotten a definative dx? Don't spend money on a vaccine if you are not sure it is what you need.

Back
Top Bottom