Where do you find poultry shows!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by joyous, Jan 17, 2010.

1. joyous

joyous Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2009
    Davenport, Iowa
    I have been Googleing, and all I can find is old show dates! I live in east central Iowa and would love to attend a show!!!

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Try the American Bantam Association website and the American Poultry Association website. You can also subscribe to Poultry Press where most show are advertised. Subscription is $ 20.00 and with each edition you get a $ 5.00 coupon for two bags of Purina feed.

3. Splash Giants

Splash Giants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    To add to what jimnjay said this is a good website www.browneggblueegg.com/ and most APA/ABA shows happen close to the same weekend they did the year before.

4. dappertophatter

dappertophatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    The Jersey Shore
    Ask your local 4-H poultry club- to get in touch, call your County Extension Office and explain your dilemma. There are no mean 4-H'ers. [​IMG]

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:My county Extension office practically laughed out loud! Pitiful ... they know nothing about poultry, breeders, shows, etc. in my county. How sad is that!

6. Splash Giants

Splash Giants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    The 4H is the same here in my county they know nothing about shows.

7. Rock N' Faverolles

Rock N' Faverolles Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    You definitely need to subscribe to poultry press. It will have all the shows as well as dates. I can't give you the dates, but off the top of my head there are three main shows in Iowa. They are the Eastern Iowa Poultry Show in Iowa City, usually the weekend after Thanksgiving; the United Poultry Fanciers Show in Avoca, IA in May, and the Iowa State Fair in August. There used to be several others but they couldn't get help to set up and tear them down so they disappeared.

David

8. dappertophatter

dappertophatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    The Jersey Shore
    Ask your local 4-H poultry club- to get in touch, call your County Extension Office and explain your dilemma. There are no mean 4-H'ers.

My county Extension office practically laughed out loud! Pitiful ... they know nothing about poultry, breeders, shows, etc. in my county. How sad is that!

The 4H is the same here in my county they know nothing about shows.

Odd. Do you people have no poultry cubls in your area?​

9. camalianus

camalianus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Subscribe to the Poultry Magazine. They advertise all the poultry shows around the country. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by