1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

where do you find swans or swan eggs?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tebs78, Apr 21, 2008.

1. tebs78

tebs78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Gosh I would love to have some swans! Where do you find any?

2. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    You can usually find swans around a water sorce. Maybe like a pond or somthing [​IMG] [​IMG] , LOL J/K

Try eggbid.com i have seen all difrent kinds of swans on there

3. tebs78

tebs78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    yeah we usually have some wild ones swimming around our pond up in the field, but find thier eggs...yeah right I've tried looking dont have a clue.

4. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    Try looking really close to the waters edge. Ducks and geese usually nest like in the cat tails and the tall grass that is really close to the water. Or when they hatch there Swanlings(I have no idea what a baby swan is called,lol)just snatch them and stick them in your brooder,lol

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2008
  6. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Whoa, their eggs are ugly [​IMG] But I bet the blend in real well with all those water weeds!

7. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    :eek: Whoa! $126 for one egg? Talk about being nervous about shipping and incubating!
    They have an exotic animal sale in Mt. Hope, Ohio in the spring and fall and they auction off swans for a couple of hours there. I don't have a pond so during the swan part of the auction I usually use that time to get something to eat and whatnot. So, I'm not sure on the prices, but I do know they are over $200 a swan.

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I think it says its $126 for however many eggs are laid in the next 5 days.

9. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I know of a guy selling swan eggs for $50.00, dont know if he has any left or not. I just emailed him, I'll see if he has any left. Email me and I'll let you know if he has any or not, if he gets back to me...........

10. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    The Gamebird and Conservationist's Gazette has lot of ads in the back for swans and many other exotic fowl.
    Good Luck- they are expensive!
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by