Where do you folks get your frizzles?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Spongegirl, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Spongegirl

Spongegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    middle earth
    I have one...I got it from Murray McMurray. I don't have any others to compare to and its time to order more chicks so I'm wondering.

2. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    I got mine from a local "breeder". I'm not even really sure if she breeds - at least not on purpose. I've never seen ads from her on Craigslist or on BYC. I just happened across a single ad for a black cochin frizzle roo, and snatched it up before anyone else could ask. Since frizzles are bred to normal hens, I already had the hens to put him with. He later died to a predator, but I have four of his offspring now - three pullets and one cockerel. Just waiting for them to come of age to put them with smooth-feathered chickens.

But here's a pic of the original roo that I got. He is purebred bantam cochin, and carrying the Frizzle gene.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even though the last picture is kinda fuzzy, you can see he has the proper cochin feathered legs, and wide breast.

1 person likes this.
  3. SlipsWife

SlipsWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas
    Privett Hatchery has frizzles. We ordered a few last year and due to predators only have 1 left.
    [​IMG]
    She was 4 or 5 months old here...I wish I had a current photo.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by