Where do you get them?

Chicken wild 98

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Hi everyone, I am wanting some guineas In The future and I was wondering where the best place to get some keets is.

Thanks

Approximately how many did you plan on keeping? Most of the hatcheries have pretty high shipping minimums for guineas.

I agree with TenOC... you can even place a "keets/eggs wanted" ad on CL, or post flyers at your local feed store early Spring letting all the local Guinea keepers/breeders know you are looking for keets. Most hatcheries have a minimum order of more than 15 keets... so another option is to split an order with someone. You can post a CL ad about this too.

You can also watch ads in your state's Farming magazines. For example, in GA it's called the GA Market Bulletin. You can call your local County Extension Office and they can probably tell you where to find that type of farming publication. And then there's eBay for eggs. I've had my best success selling in the GA Market Bulletin.

I got adults from craigslist. I didn't want to deal with brooding babies. I raised some keets thanks to my broody silkie and sold the keets on craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom