Where do you get your Sebastopols from?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by bayyjayy, Sep 23, 2011.

1. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Are there better places to get them from than other places?

2. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    I want to get 3 Sepastopol goslings next year... Will be watching this thread. Would love to find a breeder in or near CT.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

If I were to order any Sebbies, I would get them from Metzer Farms, which only offers waterfowl breeds. http:/www.metzerfarms.com

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I would only consider 2 places: a private breeder that specializes in quality Sebbies, or Holderread.

5. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Quote:X100000000

Our grey girl is direct from Holderreads, our curly white male came from a private breeder in MA, we have three splash coming from Jean shortly, and then we have a pair of smooth breasted whites, local private breeder. Aside from a buff colored Sebbie, I have all that I want for breeders, and looking forward to 2012.

6. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    I dont' see them on the Holderread's site.....that is the reason I posted this this morning....went to look at the price and see how much I have to save for my new babies....I am just not seeing them?

7. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    They don't sell them any longer. They sold off their entire stock this year actually. Is how we got our SQ grey girl this spring. Personally would joy buy Sebbies from Metzers, would seek out the private breeders, there are plenty on here and the Sebbie forum.

8. sebastopol

sebastopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Basque Country, Spain
    Living in The States is easy to get this breed, but I live in Spain and I don't find anything. [​IMG]
    The only solution is to import from other countries.

9. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Hi

As Holderread no longer maintains the Sebastopols I would recommend going to the breeders on the Sebastopol forum. Have you contacted CottageRose for sourcing some Sebastopols?

Pete [​IMG]

10. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I didn't know he'd dispersed the Sebastopols. He's dispersed several other breeds. The Holderreads are getting ready to retire. (not rumor, I verified that with Wanita)

I purchased Appleyards this spring and intended to keep 3 ducks and 1 drake. But since it might soon be impossible to replace them, I decided to keep all 6 ducks and 2 of the drakes.

I ordered 2 pair of Pomeranians instead of one pair for next spring. I'll be nervous about it until I've got them in my hands.

I'm afraid that the era when we could easily get our hands on another exhibition waterfowl are soon coming to an end.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by