Where do you guys shop for bators?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Malbri, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Malbri

Malbri Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    Bowdoin
    Not that I'm looking for one or anything [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  2. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    http://www.homeandbarnbasics.com/ and if you use the code BYC5 in the coupon section, they'll take 5% off! I bought both of my hovabators from them...excellent service! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  3. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought one right from GQF and one from Home and Barn Basics, loved them both.

But use Home and Barn, BYC users get a dicount! [​IMG]

4. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    i baught my sportsman from double r supply

5. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I just bought one off eBay, one of the BUY IT NOW deals from a dealer. It was the cheapest I could find for the new Genesis Hovabator ($119.97), and the shipping is reasonable. I ended up going to tractor supply and buying the turner for $47, so wish I'd just got it with the bator to start with as it would have been a bit cheaper, but not much at all.

6. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Home and Barn Basic is cheaper right now... $120.56 for the Genesis and $42.46 for the turner...then you take off the 5% discount for Back Yard Chicken users...... Not at all trying to promote, I've just had good luck with them!

7. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Got both of mine from Home and Barn Basics, too. They have great customer service, and the best prices that I could find.

8. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I just checked out the Web site you posted for them, and they are cheaper. I did not see a shipping charge, I think I paid about $12 or so. I really like the Genesis so far, eggs are just a few days in though. I think the Brinsea's are less too. Can't remember the price on them in other places. Thanks for site.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by