Where do you order your meaties??

I am a firm believer it's best to get them from the hatchery that is closest to you. That is assuming they have quality chicks. Last year I switched to a hatchery less than 2 hours from me, and I have had very few chicks that arrive stressed or DOA. They ship Wednesday afternoon and I get them Thursday morning.

Goodluck!

I ordered 50 from welp hatcherys all 58 arrived alive and healthy cannot be happier so far!

We used Meyer Hatchery for our last batch. All I can say is WOW!!! We produced HUGE healthy birds! Just butchered them a couple days ago and the meat is out if this world!!! Most moist and tender breast meat EVER!!

As far as the birds go; no leg issues or heart attacks. Raised them to 8 1/2 weeks. I have to admit I felt bad for them at times cause they waddled around like a sumo wrestler with his legs cut off at the knee... was also very funny too. Very quiet and docile... except when I was bringing their food in morning! Stampede!!!! Haha!

Feed them 12 hours on 13 off. Broiler crumbles and broiler max.

Quote:
This. We have several hatcheries around here and I will drive to go get the chicks to avoid having them shipped and stressed. If you can't do that, I'd go with the closest hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom