Where does one get Lavender ameraucana .. or any other Lavender full size hens ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by leighanngue, Sep 11, 2013.

1. leighanngue

leighanngue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    Las Vegas NV
    I'm sure this has been asked before .. I am in LOVE with the Lavender color chicken WHERE CAN I GET THEM =]
    living in Las Vegas nv I have never seen any .. and our feed stores (IFA) only get very common breeds in the spring of course

2. hope4rainbow

hope4rainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    I only have heard a few breeders and Strombergs have them off the top of my head. strombergs might only have bantys though, not sure.

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I don't know of any big commercial hatcheries that ship to feed stores that have Lavender anything. I think you are stuck with ordering eggs and hatching your own, or ordering chicks from a breeder or some of the smaller hatcheries, like Sand Hill, that has them.

4. leighanngue

Jul 22, 2013
    Las Vegas NV
    thank you good to know

5. timechicken

timechicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2013
    New England
    Meyer started carrying lavender Orpingtons. They're a big hatchery and will ship small batches of chicks too.

6. leighanngue

Jul 22, 2013
    Las Vegas NV
    ohh even better .. I can never order any chicks cus you have to order soooo many .. too many for me! I will look up that site

7. leighanngue

Jul 22, 2013
    Las Vegas NV
    they are very pricy lol $20 each min. order of 8

8. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

9. leighanngue

Jul 22, 2013
    Las Vegas NV
    yeah .. I will have to talk to all my chicken friends see if they all wanna split a order lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by