where does the food and water go

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by DL, May 13, 2011.

1. DL

DL New Egg

Apr 20, 2011
    In a portable coop with a run where should the feed and water be put in the runn, or in the coop? You might have figured this but I am a new be. Thank you for any helpful response

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I keep mine in the run but for you it may depend on where you have the most space. My chickens like to be outdoors as much as possible. [​IMG]

3. photogeek

photogeek Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    South Alabama
    I'm new to this and just last week we got the chickens out into their own pen. Today it rained and luckly they were almost done eating most of the feed but what was left in the feeder got wet and mushy. Now I need to rethink where I put the feeder. I know they would rather it be outside too but i think i'm going to try under their "house"

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    In the big coop and run, I have the food in the coop. In the chicken tractor we use as grow-out housing, the roosting area is a little too small for the food, so it's out in the run. We covered a section of the run with a tinted polycarbonate roofing panel, to make a dry section. It makes it nicer for them when it's raining hard and keeps the food drier. You do have to watch out for mold if food is outside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by