where does the loathing come from?????

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by pdsavage, Sep 9, 2008.

1. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
  2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I would say he resents his childhood chores.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I have only one comment for this guy... [​IMG]

4. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

Regardless of what you think about his comments regarding the intelligence of birds his bottomline is correct: VOTE NO on PROPOSITION 2!!

Jim

5. vickig

vickig Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Texas
    I sure home this person doesn't have any animals! A dog or cat.
    He should be put in the type cage he describes. Let him live like that a day or so....

*edited for language*

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
  6. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

What do you expect from a guy who grew up with people who raised chickens for eggs the new-fangled way? Those birds are nothing but a commodity. He complained about debeaking them so they wouldn't peck - it never occurred to him that if the birds were living in less confinement they wouldn't be as peckish. He's a narrowminded soul who doesn't know any better. I don't pity him per se, but I do feel sorry that he's got such a narrow view, and believe me, that view is narrow on many other issues.

And I'd vote yes on Question 2 if I had the chance. We need to change the way we raise our food, one industry at a time.

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What a miserable excuse for a human.

8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

Regardless of what you think about his comments regarding the intelligence of birds his bottomline is correct: VOTE NO on PROPOSITION 2!!

Jim

I'm not looking to start an argument, but am I understanding you correctly here? You think it's humane to cram laying hens into small cages where they don't have enough room to stand up, let alone turn around? I'm sorry, but I fail to see how that is humane, no matter what type of animal you are talking about. :|​

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  9. vickig

vickig Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Texas
    Wait wait.

But now I learn we’re going to vote in November on Proposition 2, which would effectively outlaw the caging of egg-laying hens.

10. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Yes, Proposition 2 in California would oultaw the use of battery cages, veal cages, and gestation/lactation crates for sows. It would wipeout the egg industry in California and decimate a signifcant portion of the agriculture there.

Jim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by