Where in the World Would you go for 1 Week for Free?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TipsyDog, Oct 27, 2009.

1. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    My Mom has a bunch of timeshares (I hate them) and she's always traveling, but she "forgot" she has a 1 bedroom apartment for 1 week that has to be used by March 31, 2010. She's already booked all her winter places so she gave it to me to use.

So - here's the question. Where should we go for a week? It can be ANYWHERE in the world, but because it's only a week I don't want to fly to .. say.. Singapore for 21 hours. That just takes too much time away from the week we have.

I've already booked a trip to Germany for the first couple of weeks in March and NOW she tells me about the timeshare, so too late to use it for that trip!

I thought of a few places in South America, but it's not that expensive in some of those countries and I kind of feel like getting a place where it's generally more expensive. Maybe a week in London, Paris or Madrid? It'll be cold there too, but hey - it's almost free. OR should we stay in the US?

Anyone have some great places to see or do you live in a wonderful area that's also a great vacation spot?

2. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  3. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Visit some BYCers [​IMG]

4. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    wait for the snow to get deep then go to the keys or bahamas - nice warm beach and stuff yourself with shrimps and some nice local drinks - ahhh.[​IMG]

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    I'd go to England because it's my dream. I'd spend a few days in London, take a train to Thirsk, and see the Herriot museum.

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Rio De Janeiro [​IMG]

7. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I think if I did another trip in a timeshare I'd go back to Sedona Arizona. It was beautiful there! The bahamas would be nice too, but there's so much of the US I haven't seen yet, and it only takes about 4 1/2 hours to get to AZ from our area!

8. TipsyDog

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    Quote:Just like my DH - Naked girls at Mardi Gras. I know exactly what you boys are up to! [​IMG]

9. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Just like my DH - Naked girls at Mardi Gras. I know exactly what you boys are up to! [​IMG]

OMG I forgot about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love the country, the language and the people.

But if I wanted the Mardi Gras Action, I could always stay at my aunts flat in New Orleans. Hm..... Tipsy, you're a genius!!!!! 2nd wedding anniversary here we come!

10. TipsyDog

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay

OMG I forgot about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love the country, the language and the people.

But if I wanted the Mardi Gras Action, I could always stay at my aunts flat in New Orleans. Hm..... Tipsy, you're a genius!!!!! 2nd wedding anniversary here we come!

I give up - [​IMG] you guys are all the same! Have fun Boyd! Make sure you post some pictures of that anniversary trip! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by