1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

where is that bator wiring diagram?!?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by fowlwoman1, May 20, 2008.

1. fowlwoman1

fowlwoman1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Wenatchee, WA
    I saw a simple diagram a couple days ago of a hot water heater thermostat, lightbulb base, fan,etc and I didn't bookmark it. I've been searching for like half an hour and now I am just going to ask! thank you!

2. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

3. fowlwoman1

Mar 29, 2008
    Wenatchee, WA
    I don't know why, but that one is difficult for me to follow. there was a hand drawn diagram that made it look very simple....

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Rooster-red had one and if you look in my sig line, there is a link to one, also, that was hand drawn by my DH.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Don't feel bad... I COMPLETELY wired mine wrong the first time and tripped the fuse like 4 times before I realized where I went wrong! LMAO Why don't we have a blushing smilie??? You know... the little embarassed guy [​IMG] LOL Would be real handy right now [​IMG]

I thought BOTH wires ran from the light to the thermostat... but it's the ribbed half of the plug runs to the silver screw on the socket, then the brass screw on the socket runs to the #2 screw on the thermostat, then the #1 screw on the thermostat gets hooked up to the other half of the plug. I think....LOL Better go find that diagram! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  6. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Ok, here's what I did the first time, and what I did the second time (actually the fourth.... don't ask! :| ) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. fowlwoman1

Mar 29, 2008
    Wenatchee, WA
    guitartists I think that will help me a lot! thank you so much!

8. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Guitarist...that is a perfect drawing!! I trip the breaker and few times myself before figuring out the other instructions.

Working great now!

9. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    My DH was like "WHAT do you keep doing wrong!?! Maybe you should call it quits!" Then I figured out what I was doing wrong..LOL Rudimentary electrical skills would have been something good to know [​IMG]

10. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    Ok, I'm wiring right now and the only thing not explained is the wire from the brass screw to the thermostat #2 screw-- is it ribbed or non-ribbed or does it matter? I need to know fast!!!
    [​IMG]
    Vicki in Michigan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by