Where is the best/cheapest place that people have found for DE?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickenfever, Feb 12, 2009.

1. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    They don't sell it at our local farm supply store.

2. did you google de. I buy mine from a company called Golden Blend Group, and pay $20 for 50lbs, maybe they have a rep near you or if you google de ( think I would spell the whole words out otherwise no telling what you may came up with) someone may be near you .but be sure to ask for FOOD GRADE the kind they use in swimming pool filters will kill you flock . good luck marrie

3. birdbrain2

birdbrain2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    belleville, IL.
    i called every feed store in 4 county radias and only one place even knew what i was talking about, but they didn't carry it and were trying to find a supplier. they just called me and now have it, for $25 for a 40lbs bag. so call around if you find a place that knows what you are talking about that means they have had people ask. then keep bugging them until they get it. good luck

4. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    check out Cutlers Suppy here
    on the net and check their
    prices.

5. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought some through Earthworks Health for 27.50 for 50lbs + Shipping for $25.21 which isn't bad considering it was shipped about 1200 miles. Here is there link: www.earthworkshealth.com

I was buying it fm a place only 50 miles fm us but it was costing me $14.00 for 5lbs plus close to $20.00 for shipping. [​IMG]

6. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    Thanks, I started searching after getting some of your replies and I think Earthworks Health may be the cheapest on the net.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by