Where is the best place to buy a bator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickiebabyfluff, May 22, 2012.

1. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    WHere is the best place to get a decent bator? What is the best to get that does a decent job and not cost 500 bucks?

2. Chicky Babe

Chicky Babe Chirping

Apr 22, 2012
    Morgan County, Kentucky
    I've been looking around too. I hear the best reviews from hovabator genesis. Amazon seems to have best prices. Interested to see what experienced hatchers think though!

3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I am shure everone will have imput, my question is do you mean table top or one of the big cabniat ones. For table top I have heard the best stories from people about the Brinesea 20 -40 with atuo turner and next up would have to be the Hoverbator with turner and fan. Some people really dislike the styro bators and in that case I would go with the brinesea thats the one I will get the next time I can aford to do so . I have seen them at sevral places includeing tractor suply company , amazon. com , and other places the best price I have seen on the brinesea so far has been at the actual brinesea web site and there are links on byc . For the bigger modles youll have to wait till someone else answer as I have no idea about them. If your a good do it your self guy or gal you could also try going to the learning center and looking at all the planes to make your own. I would truse a good quaility bator over a home made but most people are more handy and crafty then I am [​IMG]

4. Chickiebabyfluff

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    I want table top don't have the room for anything bigger wish i did lol cos i would SO be gettin the cabinet ones!! i tried a styro foam one and didn't have real good luck with that. Tried it with and without the fan and still hatch rate sucked so i def wanna look into something different.....too heartbreaking only having a few hatch

5. Chickiebabyfluff

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Best Hatch rate i have EVER had is when the hens hatched them.....almost 100% everytime!! I just enjoy the whole incubation/hatching experience.....

6. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    http://www.brinsea.com/products/incs.html I am leaning more and more tword a product by brinesea. I mean all humidy or temp stablization or bulkyness issues aside styro bators stain and smell and there hard to get clean. I have heard of another type named http://www.lyonusa.com/html/incubation_html/rcom_incubation.html http://www.lyonusa.com/html/incubation_html/lyon_incubation.html
    but although I have heard a couple people talk about them and seem to like them I have see 2 or 3 at most so I dont know anywhere near as much .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: