Where is the best place to buy incubators?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AuberyMirkwood, Jan 27, 2012.

1. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    I'm still shopping :) What website has the best selection at the best prices? Or have you found it best to buy directly from the makers? Any advice is very appreciated!

2. sparrker

sparrker Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Baldwinsville, NY
    I just saw someone got one from LLLreptile, look like good prices but I don't know anything more.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

If you are looking for anything by Brinsea, the company's website always has the best prices, plus there are special order discount codes available on Brinsea's Facebook page almost every month. And you get the warranty from the company, too.

4. Tylerkaz@gmail.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2012
    Washougal, WA
    thats the place i got mine from, no complications.

5. tec27

tec27 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    I find Brinsea very expensive. It depends on what and why you're incubating. Do you incubate thousands of eggs? Do you incubate expensive eggs? Are you constant hatching chicks? As for me, i hatch for fun so i use an incubator i made from a styrofoam box. Plus I'm a college student so I'm poor, so building my own was the cheapest way to go. If you're really serious about incubating, Brinsea is a good company to go with.

6. Tylerkaz@gmail.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2012
    Washougal, WA
    i tried building one and failed (temp varied too much and I also tried one of those little chick bators, bad idea!)then realized it would be more for the thermostat and more of a hassle so i went for the basic ($50 with shipping) hova bator and added a PC fan. if you have a good thermostat around you could probably make one out of things you already have.

7. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

Brinsea will be having their next 10 percent off sale staring February 3rd. I've previously ordered by 2 directly from their website (www.brinsea.com) highlighting the "web special".

Great incubators; rock steady for heat.

Gail

8. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

9. Fly Be Free

Fly Be Free Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    South Carolina
  10. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I've been using the Hovabator 1602N for YEARS now, and when I sold one when I thought I wouldn't hatch anymore (yeah... right) I knew the model I wanted and shopped for price. I bought a basic model from a reptile supplier for like $45 new with free shipping. Then went to Tractor Supply and bought an LG turner for... $49... $39? So Less than $100 for a "set".

Settle on what kind you want, then price shop. Brinsea is going to be best from their site during a sale unless you find a used one on Ebay or something. But sometimes Ebay bidding goes higher than a purchase price on a new one and then shipping too!

I had to expand the hole for the cord of the turner. When I don't use the turner or when I go into lockdown, I plug the hole with a disposable ear plug. The squishy kind you can get at gun stores or walmart. It expands to just the right shape, pretty neat!

When I convince my husband of the expense, I'll be upgrading to a Brinsea with all the bells and whistles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by