Where is the best place to buy Necked Necks?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ame, Jan 4, 2011.

1. ame

ame Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2009
    Oak Run
    I Love my NN girls, and I would love to buy some more. I really do not have the time or the Patience to hatch eggs, so I am curious as to where everybody else here gets there Necked necks? Any Hatcheries I should stay away from? Any info would be appreciated!

Amie

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Haven't ordered their Turken (naked Necks) but have gotten White Rocks and Silver Lakenvelders and Easter Eggers from them, Cackle Hatchry, in Lebanon, Missouri. I have not been disappointed in my Chickens from them.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I recommend you get some time and patience for hatching eggs. [​IMG] Well worth it. . . BYC user Nava for example has very nice, very beautiful Naked Necks in blue, black, and splash. There are a LOT of people who rave her stock, too.

My own experience with hatchery quality Naked Necks wasn't the best, and I'd never get from them again. For one, I never had one grow past 4 months old. They're supposedly cold hardy and vigorous in general, but apparently mine were not. . .

4. ame

ame Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2009
    Oak Run
    Quote:Gosh, if it was so simple as me "getting" time and patience! I do live in care for the elderly, so often I do not come home for several days (once for two weeks!!), and wile I can have my family look after my ponies and the chickens fairly easily, I just don't feel right having them monitor hatching eggs.

Amie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by