Where my chicks at!?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LizGled628, Aug 3, 2010.

1. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chirping

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    So my seven week old chicks are in the coop/brooder in our garage as we finish roofing the new coop. We leave the garage door open and let them stretch their wings and explore while we are working. As it got dark, our good little babies peeped back into the garage and crawled back into their brooder. THey looked they were going down for the night, so I didn't bother to close them in or attach their brooder to the coop, like I usually do. I closed up the garage and went inside.

Well, before i went to bed, I peeked in to check on them, and not one was in their brooder! So I flicked on the lights, and finally see one, perched on the peak of the coop roof. I see another asleep on the work bench. Another was sleeping on the feed can. Another on the lawn mower handle. I had to hunt for the other two, asleep on their roost in the coop. *sigh* my little babies are such big girls. Seems like just yesterday I couldn't get them to leave the comfort of their brooder. They grow so fast...I don't know what I'm going to do when I can't hear their peeping from our garage anymore.

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Hehehehehhehee. That sounds adorable!!

I, too, missed each set of chicks as I moved 'em outside.

3. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Songster

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    And I thought I was all alone in my "empty nest" syndrome. I missed the noise after we moved our lavender orps out last week. Even my wife seemed to miss it. Good to know that we will be stopping to pick up a few more chicks on our way back from vacation early next week!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: