Where oh where do I put a BRAG???PICS ADDED of Different Fair Birds

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Promiselandfarm, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

I posted on the shows and things about my children showing in the state fair and local fair. Well our chickens got to Nashville all fine and in shine. Then for my husband to rush them(children and another set of chickens) back for our local fair. Me being sick I stayed home. I do hope I feel better tomorrow. They WON!!! They were in the open show because they were not in the chick chain this year. So our home grown birds did very well. With our red-sex links the ones that I thought I needed to sell won reserve Grand Champion. Our Buff Orps won Grand Champion. My husband did not have a camera with him but the news paper took pictures of them and hopefully we will get a copy. I am so proud of my children and my husband for such a bang up job they did. Tomorrow is another day with another set of chickens. Hoping they do as well if not at least they have had fun bathing chickens and getting ready for the shows.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    [​IMG]

CONGRATS!!!!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats to them! My kids are grown, but I can imagine that's a wonderful activity for them to participate in. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

4. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    [​IMG] Hooray for your kids and your family!!! 2009 will be my oldest son's first year as a non-cloverbud 4-H member and I CANT WAIT for him to show some chickens!!! Good for all of you [​IMG]

5. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Tell them "Well Done!!" from me, and I'm sorry you had to miss the thrill; Nothing much beats when your kids come out roses, does it??

6. Promiselandfarm

Wowi how fast did I get sacked to the back.... WEll the judging for the state fair was yesterday!!!!! My daughter took 3 silkies and as I stated somewhere before I though hers were good but I did not know HOW good!! She got first, first, first I think I have pictures I made myself go feeling sick and all. My other daughter with her Black Stars got second which I thought was great because the first placed birds were over the top beautiful looked like they had spent their lives at a spa. I am so proud of my kids we even got phone calls asking us if they could purchase our birds...They did not have a sale sign on them meaning those wanting to know had to ask for a look up on us. I am overly proud of our birds and my children. Okay I think I am done bragging. I did take some picture but have not processed them as of yet to see if any of them turned out the lighting was terrible. They had some really pretty birds, some very unique polish guys and some boxing piegons. I do hope the pictures come out if so I'll post...

7. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Hope to see the photos soon. Fairs are such fun!! I love them!!

8. Promiselandfarm

Have tons of pictures to show.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this one almost looked like she was trying to be a showgirl
    [​IMG]
    here is the buff colored silky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Promiselandfarm

Here are the polish guys [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Promiselandfarm

Sorry my pics are not better the lighting was terrible and well I am not great at taking pics like other may be

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by