Where on earth do you get untility Pigeon's?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by skysky43, Oct 14, 2015.

1. skysky43

skysky43 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2011
    Show Low, Arizona
    I've been looking into getting Pigeon's. I'd like a couple just for looks. But I'd also like some for squabbing. I just purchased four homing Pigeon's from my Aunt. I think they are homing Pigeon's. But my biggest questio is where do you get Pigeon's for squabbing? I can't find them locally. And the ones I've found online cost an arm and a leg. I guess I just need advice. Thank you in advance.

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    Check with your local feed stores/mills.

3. Nadine83

Nadine83 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2015
    New York State
    The easiest way to find pigeons or anything really. Is by putting an ad out. In newspapers, or online. Another good way is to go to local livestock auctions or state fair. State fair will or should have breeders specializing in particular breeds.

4. Majd

Majd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    King pigeons are very good looking and are the best squabbing breed out there... As said previously, check on you state fair, Or contact your local pigeon club, and you'll sure find something!

5. skysky43

Nov 28, 2011
    Show Low, Arizona
    Thank you! I got in touch with a breeder here that shows and judges. He said he'd keep an eye out for me.

6. Nadine83

Nov 8, 2015
    New York State
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I'm looking for Giant Runt Pigeons, there ridiculously hard to find. The one guaranteed place that has them charge $92.00 per bird, and $75.00 for shipping. So, it can be a struggle and time consuming just to find a pigeon.

7. skysky43

Nov 28, 2011
    Show Low, Arizona
    I've still yet to find Runts or kings. But I've found quite a few other breeds locally for show.

8. Nadine83

Nov 8, 2015
    New York State
    I just found some runts, Hopefully ill have them by next week. I had to post ads online, that's how I managed to find anything. You Can Try Hoobly or Ebay Classifieds. So far they seem to work well. Or This site also has a sell or trade page also. Just a though, I worked for me might work in helping you find what your looking for.

9. jamilynn

jamilynn New Egg

Dec 16, 2015
    Hope, Maine
    Looking for Texas pioneer or king or giant runts in Maine. We keep small goats, small pigs and rabbits for all of our meat, milk and fur needs. Next year I'll be getting into chickens and ducks for eggs, but i want pigeons for a regular source of poultry meat. Found one place that sells squabs for raising to breed, but at $140/pair my husband will never think it's a wise investment.

10. laughingdog

laughingdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Newport Tennessee
    I'm in east tn Knox area looking, and only found some giant homers online and that a friend saw at a sale, and a lot at forty to sixty a piece.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by