Where should I buy a Coop locally?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by money2520, Mar 7, 2013.

1. money2520

money2520 In the Brooder

Mar 7, 2013
    My husband and I are planning to buy Chicks in the next few days. We can optionally buy a coop from the same farm that is selling us the chicks. The guy builds them for I think $600. It is the Triangle kind with small run that he said would house around 10 Chickens. It looks small to me and seems kind of expensive. I do however, want to purchase my first coop in order to base my next one on in which I will build. Does anyone know of a good place to buy a coop locally that would have the nice amenities I see in the coops on this site. We live near hampton roads, virginia.

Thanks.

2. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Songster

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Check out Craigslist and the binders at big R. That is where the best deals usually are. I got my second coop from a nice guy on CL who retired a few years back and makes coops to supplement his income. It was only a 4x4 plus nestbox coop but he was only charging $375 for them and he would customize window locations and door locations at no extra charge. No run or anything, just the coop.

3. money2520

money2520 In the Brooder

Mar 7, 2013
    I have been checking craigslist. I did find one guy who builds them a couple of hours away. I will probably contact him if I don't find someone more local. Thanks for your reply!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by