1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WHERE SHOULD I LOOK?!?!?! BOSTON, MASS. ASAP!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by t-dawg, Jun 12, 2008.

1. t-dawg

t-dawg Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2008
    Boston
    Ok, I live in the Boston area of Massachusetts, and my daughter really wants chicks for her b-day, but i can't really find anybody who has chicks. Where should i look?(Im not a first time owner;when i was a kid, we raised chicks, but now there pretty hard to come by up here were i live.[​IMG] ) PLZ HELP!!!!!

2. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    GO over to Concord, West Concord, LExington.... I am from that area and there were always nice lil farms... Or just go to Ideal poultry online. [​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    This sounds like a sudden, I-gotta-have-em-now thing. Do you have all the stuff needed to raise chicks and house them safely as they get older? Is your daughter of an age to really care for them?

I'm sorry if I seem concerned, but if your daughter has to have them on her birthday, I'd worry a bit. Good things are worth taking the time to get.

4. t-dawg

Jun 12, 2008
    Boston
    Yes, we have everything to raise them with. My daughter is 11, and her grandfather told her about chickens and how nice they were, and she's been saving up for them herself. I need them on her b-day because right now she is away with her aunt in Flordia, and the day she comes back is her b-day, and i wanna suprise her.

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    t-dawg, you could try going on the Boston area Craigslist.com. I know someone that got 8 one-month old chicks from a guy on Craigslist in Plymouth.

6. t-dawg

Jun 12, 2008
    Boston
    thanks, i'll try that, but are they anymore options?

7. duckman

duckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    michigan
    when is her b-day?

8. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    I was going to say Craigslist but none were listed, I looked, but this ad was for farm fresh eggs. Maybe they are willing to hatch something for you if they are able to get fertile eggs or at least lead you to someone in the area with chicks
    http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/grd/711335687.html

9. t-dawg

Jun 12, 2008
    Boston
    my daughters b-day is on june 21st

10. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by