Where to buy a HovaBator 1588 in ALBQ, NM or DEN, CO?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BeardedChick, Jul 9, 2008.

1. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I would like to try hatching eggs while my elderly family member is laid up with a broken arm and I am helping her out literally 24 x 7. [​IMG] Anyone know where I could pick up a 'bator in Albuquerque? I thought watching some eggy-weggs might cheer me up for the next 5 weeks.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  2. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Buy one from these guys! They are a new sponsor here and have a great price, PLUS a BYC discount. I ordered one right from GCQ, but I totally would have liked to save a few buckeroos! Good luck!

http://www.homeandbarnbasics.com/

3. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Or you can order it from Cutler Supply.

http://www.cutlersupply.com/store/agora.cgi

Their "regular" price is the same as the "sale" price at Home and Barn.

I ordered my first one direct from GFQ, and was a bit unhappy with how long it took for them to ship it to me. My second one came from Cutler cheaper and faster...

Susan

4. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    I can't find a 1588 listed at Cutler supply, only a 1583-- is it a typo or do they really only have a 1583 ?

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    1588 is not the same as a 1583.

I only buy direct from GQF the makers of Hovabator.

Genesis 1588 and the turner .

6. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    Just ordered one with egg turner from GQF [​IMG]
    Vicki in Michigan

7. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:They've got it. Put Hova-Bator 1588 in the search box and you'll pull it up.

It is something weird about the way their online catalog works, but they definitely do have it. I got one from them, AND I pulled it up on a search just the other day.

I just copied this from their site:

1588 Genesis Pre-set Thermostat
    1588 Genesis. Pre-set! 110 volt, 18" x 18" x 9-1/4". Simply plug it in, then add water and eggs. Nothing to set up or adjust. This circulated air Hova-Bator comes with a thermometer, plastic bottom liner and regulates itself in the 99.5 degree F range, with built in sensors that prevent the "burn up" of eggs. Like all incubators, the 1588 requires a stable room temperature and should not be used in areas like sheds or barns.

110, and 12 volt. An optional 12 volt automotive plug is available for this incubator. To purchase the 1730 12 Volt Automotive Adapter click on that option and add to cart. If you want the 1588 also you would need to add that to your cart seperately.
    CLICK ON OPTION BOX TO THE RIGHT TO VIEW PRICES.
    $ 0.00

Copyright [​IMG] 2000-2006 Cutler Supply

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  8. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have TWO Genesis's for sale. One with turner (was brand new in May), one without (that I purchased used, and now use as a hatcher.) I am preparing to take pics and post them officially. Email me if interested! Hubby is getting me a sportsman!

9. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Forgot to tell you - I'm in Utah.

10. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    GQF's 1583 is not a typo and work just as well as the 1588s [​IMG] and cheaper...just ask the 200 chicks I just hatched out since Jan... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by