Where to buy adult duck?

mjentley

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2021
I’m having the worst luck with raising ducks🥴. I was down to two runner, a drake and a female. She laid twelve eggs and sat on them for weeks, being such a great brooder, but NONE hatched. Then, yesterday the pair went missing. I walked miles calling them with no luck. Then my dog start barking in a tone I had never heard before. I looked where she was barking and saw something big and brown (maybe a bear, people say they have seen them) jump and one of my runners fly up. I ran out there, the female came running. So it got the drake🥲😞. The female has honked every since. She is so lonely. Does anyone know of anyone who has adult ducks in East Texas that would be willing to part with (one or two)?

Okay. . . I bought a Swede female, I think 😂. My female, the runner, is about 1 yr old and so is the Swede. The Swede was definitely quacking whe it first got in the pond with the runner. But today, 3 days later, I look out and see the Swede mounting the Runner. All the behavior of mating. Do females do this sometimes, or do a small percentage of drakes quack? I’m so confused!😂🙄

Okay. . . I bought a Swede female, I think 😂. My female, the runner, is about 1 yr old and so is the Swede. The Swede was definitely quacking whe it first got in the pond with the runner. But today, 3 days later, I look out and see the Swede mounting the Runner. All the behavior of mating. Do females do this sometimes, or do a small percentage of drakes quack? I’m so confused!😂🙄
Females will mount other females. They will do all the same moves as a drake.

Back
Top Bottom