1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to buy BCM Hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jarodw45, Dec 13, 2010.

1. jarodw45

jarodw45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Texas
    I am interested in buying some BCM hatching eggs from a breeder. I am looking for some nice DARK eggs if you can point me in the right direction I would be delighted! Also if there was a breeder in west texas that had some older birds for sale that would be great too.[​IMG]

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I have som bcm's but they are presently on strike:) I have some wheaten marans - great looks, lineage and dark eggs ...should be available off wait list in about 2 weeks. Pm me and let me know.

Thanks and have a blessed day. Nancy

3. jarodw45

Nov 6, 2010
    Texas
    Quote:Do you happen to have pictures of the wheatens eggs???? I once saw some eggs from some cuckoos in midland (stanton) texas and could not beleive it... It was the first time I had ever heard of Marans years ago but you just cant seem to find cuckoos that have those gorgeous eggs anymore around.

4. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
  5. jarodw45

Nov 6, 2010
    Texas
    THANKS I'LL LOOK AT EM!
    Quote:

6. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
  7. jarodw45

Nov 6, 2010
    Texas
    Quote:thank you I figured it was but 800 pages? Amidst all the small talk it would take months to find em! Lol. I was looking for specific recommendations...
    Thanks

8. Country Living Farm

Country Living Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    I have some but they are on strike at this time.

9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    These are our BCM eggs
    [​IMG]

but our initial Wheatens are even darker...Both BCM and wheaten lighten a bit over time.

Here are a few photos of our wheatens before they started laying....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of our roosters (this one had just had a moult so tail wasn't fully back in there!
    [​IMG]

We have Bev Davis and Buddy Henry (Cottage Hill) lines in Wheaten Marans.

Very pleased with them.
    (Please check out our feedback in the old and new system.) New system feedback is here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/auction_comments.php?id=8875

We full time farm, milk, eggs, veggies, poultry, bunnies, cows, pigs, etc. are our full time concern.

We love all our varieties of Marans but are very excited about our work that we have done with the wheatens as well as the BBS marans especially.

Thanks.....Please let me know if you have any questions and have a blessed day and Merry Christmas. Nancy

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:thank you I figured it was but 800 pages? Amidst all the small talk it would take months to find em! Lol. I was looking for specific recommendations...
    Thanks

All youd have to do is post WTB on that BCM thread-they'll take care of you if you cant wait for Bargains pretty eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by