Where to buy chick dispatcher ?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by prancie, Dec 14, 2009.

1. prancie

prancie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Alabama
    i'd like to buy a chick dispatcher, where can i order one here in the U.S.? I only found a place in the UK.

2. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Dispatcher sounds like a general term. Are you looking for a killing cone?

3. prancie

prancie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Alabama
  4. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    if you dont want chicks then you shouldnt hach eggs id atleast let even the roosters get to eating size before killing them what do you plan on doing with the dead chicks?

5. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

Why pay for something like that? Seems like something that could be easily accomplished without a specific tool getting the same result. Use a pair of scissors, shears, hatchet... anything.

6. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    Quote:Agreed - meat scissors would work well.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Absolutely, use sharp kitchen shears or any other sharp scissors on a chick. It's like using a mini-hatchett.

8. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    I have a savannah moniter and if I was to feed it chicks this would do a good jop, for my rats I use a butter knife behind the neck and pull the tail it does the same job.

9. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Quote:To clarify for the other responders, i think that the o.p. is looking for poultry dispatcher for dispatching grown chickens - not for baby chicks. Is that correct, prancie?

But still, i have not seen such an item before. Though it looks handy, i think you might find some garden shears more easily here in the states. Many dispatch by cutting the artery with a sharp knife and allowing the chicken to bleed out.

10. Buster52

Buster52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    Geronimo Oklahoma
    Quote:To clarify for the other responders, i think that the o.p. is looking for poultry dispatcher for dispatching grown chickens - not for baby chicks.

No, it is definitely chicks. Here is a quote from the linked site...

"Small hand-held Humane Dispatcher suitable for chicks, ducklings and very small birds from Mardle. "

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by