Where to buy chick/quail eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by magic21696, Sep 18, 2010.

1. magic21696

magic21696 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2010
    Where can I buy fertile chick/quail eggs for hatching? I don't need any specific breed just something not too expensive.

Thanks

2. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    Here in our auction area, ebay, where I live I even see them offered on Craigslist. Also seek out breeders here local or else where. Good Luck

3. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Yes Ebay has a very large section for hatching eggs with just about what ever you would like. To get there go to Categories-Business and Industrial-Agriculture-Poultry Supplies.
    I personally have not bought any eggs from Ebay yet, but I have saved several of my favorite sellers so when I get my bator built I can load it up. [​IMG]

4. ericsplls

ericsplls Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Here ebay and local. If you are wanting something inexpensive try to find some locally. Your hatch rate will be much better with local eggs and you don't have to pay shipping(though driving across town and back can equal shipping charges depending on what you drive). If you don't know of anyone around you to get eggs a feed and seed store is a good place to meet some as the people that work there are generally on a first name basis with the people who raise alot of chickens in the area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by