Where to buy female ducklings? (PA)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by winc564, Mar 14, 2017.

1. winc564

winc564 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2015
    Washington, PA
    Hello. I didn't see anything about this in the sticky. I want to buy a few females. Does anyone have a recommendation for PA? I am near Washington, about 30 miles SW of Pittsburgh. I only need a few and I want to be sure of sex. Thanks!

2. MargaretAnneHK

MargaretAnneHK Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    I'm not sure if you want them shipped or not but I ordered mine from Murray McMurray and you can choose if you want the duckling to be a hen or a drake? Mine aren't here yet so I can't speak to as how accurate they are with sexing.

3. winc564

Apr 6, 2015
    Washington, PA
    Thanks. I will order if I have to, but wanted to see what anyone here came up with.

4. NickiePA

NickiePA Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2017
    Somerset, PA
    I would go with Murray Mcmurry if you want to be sure. I've never ordered anything from them personally, but I know people who have, and they were quite satisfied. I got my 2 ducklings from tractor supply. Not a big fan of buying them that way, but I did it and learned that they try to only sell females! I hope that's somewhat helpful :)

5. winc564

Apr 6, 2015
    Washington, PA
    Thanks. I've looked at TSC, but I'm so afraid I will get a drake, lol

6. NickiePA

NickiePA Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2017
    Somerset, PA
    Fair enough. I think the best plan of action would be to order online from Murry's. If they send you the wrong order, wrong number, or wrong Sex, I've heard that they will replace "wrong" shipments. Again, I've never worked with them before but friends say their the best. Good luck!

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    @winc564 You might also contact @MotorcycleChick she is in Pa and may know of someone

8. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    :frow Hi! Go to Pennsylvania Unite. There are several members your way.
    If you can make an hour or two drive, call Meyer Hatchery, and see if they have point of lay girls available.

1 person likes this.
  9. ohscovies

ohscovies New Egg

Jul 14, 2015
    Grafton, OH
    Just wondering if you had any luck. I'm 40 minutes from Meyer hatchery in Ohio, but apparently all duck orders need to be shipped because they come from another facility. :/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by