1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to buy good call ducks?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 3BirdGirlz, Feb 21, 2013.

1. 3BirdGirlz

3BirdGirlz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Montana
    I'm newer to BYC, but I know everyone here is pretty helpful. So, can anyone tell me where to buy really good quality call ducks that will ship? I live in Montana and we don't have many people that breed good calls. I've tried shipped eggs with no luck! Instead of wasting more money on eggs I will be willing to put money into a nice pair. Thanks!

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    What color are you looking for?

3. Raven Lane Farm

Raven Lane Farm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2012
    Ohio
    Showcasestable (Cierae Endsley) and on this site duckluck. Both have great calls of different varieties. Both show regularly and are very knowledgable. Most people won't have new adults to sell until fall unless they have 2012 birds for sale. Anyway, good luck. Check the National Call Breeders of America website also. The call ducks have great personality!

4. 3BirdGirlz

3BirdGirlz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Montana
    Thank you Raven Lane Farm! And Kevin, my girls and I like pretty much any color. I love the grays, but also pastel and the magpies. I just want some good ones...I've raised them in the past and I'm sick of starting out with poor quality and work my way up through the years to finally get some good show quality with breeding. Might as well start off on the right foot and go from there:)

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Have you checked the Buy Sell Trade section of BYC. I know we have a few breeders with great lines on here. Once you have posts you can put up a ad specifying that you would like them to be shipped to you.

6. AliciaM

AliciaM Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    Theres an ebay type website that I check out often.. I think its called featherauction... you can try them....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by