1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to Buy Incubator in Store???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MyNameIs86, Jan 20, 2013.

1. MyNameIs86

MyNameIs86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    So I'm from New Jersey (North New Jersey to exact). I have been looking to buy an incubator to hatch eggs spring and summer. There is a local farm to rent out an incubator for $200.00 (you get back $150. deposit if you return it in the same shape you got it) but it is not practical if i want to do this more then 1x. I have been looking on amazon which has some pretty good deals but the shipping is $20.00.

I'm looking for a place that sells incubators in NJ whether in Bergen County/Hunterton County etc that also has a website with prices. I know i'm asking for a lot... lol.

Anyone know?
    (I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I looked and didn't know where to put this.)
    or if anybody is selling a used incubator with accessories I wouldnt say no to a reasonable price.
    I'm sort of a beginner. I hatched eggs last year for the first time, when i rented out the incubator. But I'm looking
    to buy one this year.

I looked on amazon and found one i like:

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Giant-...2&sr=8-31&keywords=incubator+for+chicken+eggs

or a bit advanced

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Giant-...0&sr=8-17&keywords=incubator+for+chicken+eggs

I have a 25% coupon so I was going to buy it but then i noticed the $19.83 shipping charge.
    Is there anywhere to buy some incubator? I'm not fond of making my own. I like store bought things so that i know it has a 99% chance of working right. lol.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  2. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

1 person likes this.
  3. MyNameIs86

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  4. red golden

red golden Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    You can also try craigslist or backpage.com for a used one.

1 person likes this.
  5. MyNameIs86

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    Thanks. I had very good hopes for tractor supply but it seems that they only sell the Little Giant incubator.
    I did check both pages: craigslist and backpages...nothing that caught my interest.
    any more sugggestions? help/

6. Fred's Hens

Brinsea online.

There's always a "code" phrase which gets you another 10% off. Google it and you can find it. You can use this discount even on top of any sales they may be having. It all helps.

7. MyNameIs86

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    Thanks but i think brinsea is from UK.

8. Fred's Hens

No, they are here LOL. Thousands of us have them. [​IMG]

9. RWise

RWise Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2012
    Oakhurst Oklahoma
    I found the best price on ebay, much cheaper then tractor supply! Gotta look around though there are some not so good deals as well!

10. red golden

red golden Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    Try this www.claz.org. it is a multi search engine just put in incubator in the search slot and click search.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by