1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to buy Jumbo Coturnix Quail?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by lcahill, Jun 22, 2013.

1. lcahill

lcahill Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm wanting to get some Jumbo's but am having a hard time finding hatcheries that have them. I would prefer to by one-day-olds but am willing to give eggs a shot. I'm considering buying fertile eggs from James Marie Farms as I hear good thing about them. Anyone bought from them want to share their hatch rates and tips? Also where can I get day-old jumbo's.
    Any information would be much appreciated.

Lucas

2. GAQuail

GAQuail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2012
    Bishop, Georgia
    First of all day old quail do not ship very well. I would not suggest getting day old quail unless you can pick them up locally. You will not find better quality coturnix eggs than James Marie Farms. Last eggs I bought from them hatched at 86%. This was for eggs that were shipped from Louisiana to Georgia in late August in hot weather.

1 person likes this.
  3. veggiecanner

veggiecanner Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    The hatcherys do have them but you have to get 50-100.

4. topgunbobby

topgunbobby Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2013
    Home of Quaildini
    I had great success with JMF and consider myself a newbie. Give them a call and you won't be disappointed.

1 person likes this.
  5. lcahill

lcahill Chillin' With My Peeps

Well I think I've decided to order from James Marie Farms. I've just heard so much praise for that company that it is hard to overlook that success. Thanks all!

6. SilkieRose

SilkieRose Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in California & have an assortment of Jumbos. I can ship fertile hatching eggs. PM me if you are interested.

7. lindanigro1

lindanigro1 New Egg

May 28, 2016
    Trying to find someone in SoCal that has some Jumbo (I mean jumbo) female corturix quail for sale. I'd like them about 6-8 weeks old. Willing to pick up.

8. lindanigro1

lindanigro1 New Egg

May 28, 2016
    Do you have 6-8 week old females for sale? Looking for large birds for egg laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by