Where to buy late season chicks...?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by raventearsx, Sep 16, 2010.

1. raventearsx

raventearsx Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2010
    Terlingua, TX
    Howdy y'all!

I'm looking to buy some day-olds to replenish my coop (bit of a predator problem this summer!) but most hatcheries seem out of stock for the year.

Anyone know of hatcheries that will ship chicks in sept/oct?

Thanks in advance,

Sara

¡Viva Terlingua!

2. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    There's several, but the first that comes to mind is Ideal. They're in Texas too. [​IMG]

3. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Not sure about hatcherie's.I have in past only bought from Mc Murray in spring some.Got quite a few from TSC Chick day's.Got some awesome lil bird's there this time.I still have chick's for sale local here.Actualy probably my whole flock [​IMG].I never minded winter babie's myself.Hope you can find someone to ship or check local ad's for chick's localy. Gl .DG

4. Shellyb

Shellyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Meyer's Hatchery is shipping to me next week. Might want to check with them. Great prices and selection was good too, just had to call and check availabilty. GL

5. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    It's not a hatchery, but MyPetChicken.com sells day olds all year long (they get them from various hatcheries).

6. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
  7. UGAchick

UGAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I just got chicks from Ideal. I got a pretty good variety (about 10 different breeds/colors) and all the chicks arrived happy and healthy. I think that they still have some left for October. Mine just came last Friday.

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

And, if all else fails, HATCH 'em!

(Said she, who has four small incubators and is contemplating buying a larger one....)

I have month old chicks in one brooder, 5 I hatched myself and two added feed store chicks. Six chicks in another brooder inside, all about a week old, from two hatches. 7 eggs in an incubator. Three sets of eggs being shipped to me as I type this....

....and I'm still bidding on eggs.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My Pet Chicken usually starts running specials about now.
    25 Pack Female Assortment

MPC is free shipping.

Ideal runs the surpise pullet, 25 chicks for $35.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:Yes, they ship all the time. I've used them too, and I like them. [​IMG] Do you have a feed store that may have some for sale? Or how about a neighbor not to far off, that may have some? Those are the ideas I've come up with. Hope it helps. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by