Where to buy Marans chicks in Central Coast of California?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by eggxentric, Nov 17, 2010.

1. eggxentric

eggxentric Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2009
    Boulder Creek, CA
    I'm looking to expand my small backyard flock (Santa Cruz, CA) and would dearly love to get a couple Marans hens as chicks. I'd love to find black copper marans if possible. So far, the hatcheries here only serve up (poor wording!) cuckoo marans. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Many thanks!!

2. Sweet Violet

Sweet Violet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Vista CA
    I'm sure you can find them out towards Fresno in Craig's List. I wouldn't be a bit suprised if you find a bunch in your local CL too! Enjoy!
    Naomi

3. firsthouse_mp

firsthouse_mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    NorthernCal
    http://homeschooledchickens.blogspot.com/

Did
    you try this? She is in Mountain View and so about 45 minutes from you. Right now in HMB, they only have the usual brown layers and the white laying leghorns. I too would have loved some chocolate colored eggs!

4. Meyer Hatchery

Meyer Hatchery Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Polk, Ohio
    We offer Black Copper Marans and also a Rare Maran Collection which can include Black Copper, White, Blue Splash, and/or Golden Cuckoo. We are located in Ohio, however, can ship as few as three baby chicks anywhere in the US. We begin taking spring orders in December.

5. wahlclanflock

wahlclanflock New Egg

Mar 26, 2014
    I have a breeding pair of beautiful french black copper marans and I'm in Santa Cruz. They are just perfect and definitely my favorite birds in my backyard flock. I am going to be trying to hatch some in my incubator, I have 6 eggs. If this round hatches well I can try again next time around and put you in for an order! I would be able to sell some fertile eggs also while we are waiting for them to hatch!
    Lauren

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by