1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where to buy Pullets?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by YumaJohnny, Apr 11, 2009.

1. YumaJohnny

YumaJohnny Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2009
    Yuma
    I am looking for egg laying chickens preferably barred rocks - McMurray only sells them in lots of 25! I only need about 4 or 5 and can't have any roosters. Any help on finding a place?

I'm in Arizona - The feed store seems to only carry straight run.

2. Turtle

Turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Lyles,TN
    I would check craigs list in your area to see what for sale. I have purchased many great birds on CL

3. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Mypetchicken.com sells chickens in small quantities/

4. YumaJohnny

Apr 5, 2009
    Yuma
    I did just check Craigslist and they have some meat chickens in my area but currently no egg laying.

I will check the mypetchicken website. Thanks so much for the great info!

5. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    place an add on CL and you will get a call with what you want, i am sure. william

6. YumaJohnny

Apr 5, 2009
    Yuma
    Quote:Oh ok just posted - didn't realize CL had a place to ask for stuff!

7. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    i just got two more bators this week off of CL , they are LG's w/turners and fans for $20.00 for both of them. i always post what i want and someone always calls. i love CL it is the place to buy cheap. william

8. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants Premium Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    My local feed store takes orders for chicks in any quantity. They put everyone's together until they have a full order so no one has to order big #'s. they charge 10 cents per chick to handle to order
    but no additional shipping charges. I'm just starting my flock, so I may not be the best source of information, but I just ordered 4 chicks. (I've got three chickens at home already)

The only down side so far is I have to wait until they get a full order

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by