1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

where to buy quail chick food? i got eggs again

Discussion in 'Quail' started by quailraisingMan, Oct 26, 2009.

1. quailraisingMan

quailraisingMan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2009
    as my last post, i didnt expect the seller to send me another batch
    so i decide to give it another shot since i upgrade the incubator to fit my hand to turn the eggs perfectly

but i need to buy food, but i dont know which site sells it
    and which one do i buy for baby button quails.

lmk asap

2. macnugget

macnugget Chillin' With My Peeps

Get it at tractor supply or any grain mill chick food will work if that all you can get
    Quote:

3. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    I See Where Tractor Supply Is Selling Purina Poultry Feeds Now--- I Highly Recommend The Startrena 30% Gamebird Starter--- Thats All I Feed Mine And Have Great Results From It.

4. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Quote:The TSC's around here do not carry and cannot get the Startena. [​IMG]
    They want to sell a flock raiser that is only 20% protein.

The store by use has only medicated purinia poultry products.

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Bummer--- I Think I'd Have To Complain To The Management As They Are Advertizing On This Very Site That They Now Carry The Full Purina Poultry Line--- So Either Someone Isnt Being Honest With You Or Tsc's Advertizing Dept Is Lying To Us All..... Either Way Thats A Bummer For You Ferrier. I Have Fed A Great Many Different Feeds And Finally Tried The Startrena--- I Am Hooked! I Get The Best Results From It, And Love It. Otherwise I'd Have To Recommend Looking At Other Feed Stores In The Area, As I Have Used The Dumor Starter And Wasnt Happy With It All!

6. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

farrier! :

Any Purina Dealer can special order any feed you need. Ask them. Our people here hardly ever have any of the starter on hand but can get it in a week, so I just call them, they order and I have it before I run out!​

7. canter6

canter6 Cooped up

Oct 12, 2009
    Dacula,GA.
    Just go to your nearest feed store and buy chick starter 20% protein or better. The higher the better! 24% or better is best.
    Like others I feed www.purinamills.com (game bird starter 30%protein). Do the zip code search and find a dealer.
    Any purinamills dealer can order a bag or two for you, but I don't know how many button quail you need food for.

Sorry to edit, but had to remove a bad review of a sponsor.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    farrier! :

You can use the medicated feeds, unless you have a personal aversion to meds. I feed my adults the medicated gamebird startena, and they do just fine.​

9. canter6

canter6 Cooped up

Oct 12, 2009
    Dacula,GA.

You can use the medicated feeds, unless you have a personal aversion to meds. I feed my adults the medicated gamebird startena, and they do just fine.

Yes you can use (Medicated) feed.
    Contrary to popular belief, Over the counter (MEDICATED) chicken/gamebird feed doesn't contain anti-biotic

You have to see a Vet to get those medications.

10. cindye

cindye Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2013
    tractor supply does carry "turkey starter." this is , i think, around 25% protein. we raised 12 coturnix quail chicks on this. boy, did they grow. they are 1 and 2 yrs old. and healthy. have four hens that are mauled by all these males; but still produce between 7 and 9 fertile eggs per day. also, if they get too warm, love to be lightly sprayed with water. have fun raising these little guys. we love ours. they are kept for eggs and pets. cindy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by