Where to buy show birds online

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by forte22, Aug 18, 2011.

1. forte22

forte22 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2011
    I'm interested in getting some polish and mille fleur d'Uccle chickens, either than going to local swaps is their any websites I can order them from that i will actually recieve show quality birds? I live in Northwest Indiana so a large swap that I know of is going to be the Kankakee swap that I plan on going to.
    thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    go to a show... and mingle, mingle, mingle...

3. forte22

Aug 17, 2011
    I've shown for 4 years now but the only problem is that i'm trying to get a chicken that no one has!

4. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    Quote:MF d'uccle...? i see those at shows all the time... there isn't that much competition... just find some one on BYC and ask for eggs... then find someone else and get those eggs... keep two nicest pairs from each hatch and work from there...

well, that's what i would do, and would think most people that show birds would do... that way you aren't showing someone else's show line...

just sayinn'...

5. forte22

Aug 17, 2011
    yeah theirs two pairs of milles and one is leaving 4-h and the other isnt the prettiest pair

6. slamine

slamine Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2010
    Both the d'uccle and polish clubs will be holding their nationals at the Crossroads show in Indianapolis this October. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding exactly what you're looking for there, plus it's not too far for you. Maybe try contacting some club members and find out if they may be willing to bring some birds there for you, and don't be afraid of asking people from across the country because chances are, if they're a serious breeder, they'll be there. Best of luck [​IMG]

7. cmsdvm

cmsdvm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    I would agree on the comment to go to Crossroads. I'll be there with a few show birds, even though I have to fly from Washington. If you want to ship birds, I have a few excellent young Polish and my friend Sheryl Butler breeds nice MF D'Uccles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by