where to buy Silkie chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chick_magnet, Oct 16, 2010.

1. chick_magnet

chick_magnet Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2010
    I want to start rasing silkie because there crowing aren't as loud as a RIR. I just seems that no one sells silkie. do anyone knows where i can order some?

2. Liexicof15

Liexicof15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    Depends on what you're looking for. Hatching eggs? Chicks? Started juveniles/pairs? Do you want to buy local or ship? You want pet quality or higher? I get a lot of my eggs/chicks from Bobbi Porto at www.indigoegg.us She has nice birds and lives near me. Hopefully I will be able to sell my own when they get a little older. [​IMG]

3. chick_magnet

May 25, 2010
    Quote:I am looking for a black yard flock ones. nothing too costly lol. and a black skin is a must. something unique about that that i just love lol

4. Liexicof15

Liexicof15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    do you want to hatch your own or buy chicks? I have pet quality silkies that I've been hatching just to test out my bator without paying a bunch and messing up expensive eggs. They have black skin, 5 toes, some have vaulted skulls. They are all blue. Where are you located?

5. Kattherat

Kattherat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2010
    I ordered six silkies from My Pet Chicken, and believe it or not, they were all sexed correctly. They are very sweet, pretty little hens that lay cute little eggs:) Good
    luck!

6. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    Everyone seems to have Silkies, just never near or cheap enough. I drove a total of 220miles for my birds, after searching for months, lol.

7. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Check cackle hatchery, they have decent quality. Mine are all black skinned and five toed. They had buff, black and white when I got mine.

8. chick_magnet

May 25, 2010
    Quote:around memphis,tn

9. UGAchick

UGAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I just got some in my bantam special from Ideal. They were only .99 cents, but I also got a ton of game hens that I don't really want.

10. lothefarmer

lothefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    CA
    i visited a feed store last week, and i walked in to TONS of silkie chicks... i had to get three. only 2.50/ea. it was a wonderful surprise

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by