Where to buy Sweet PDZ

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Agilityscots, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Agilityscots

Agilityscots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Hi all,

Someone here (thanks Cynthia!) pointed me in the direction of Sweet PDZ for keeping down flies and smell in coops, but I can't find it locally. The company gave me one lead for my area but the phone number doesn't work...anyone have a good online source?

Amy

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Golly, most feedstores carry it. If they have horse supplies, they usually do. Sometimes they don't keep it out front, though, so be sure to ask someone to look it up on their computer for you if they're not sure they have it. I know that Sweet PDZ has its own website and maybe you can buy it direct. Also, if there's a horse stable in your area, call and ask if they use it and where they buy theirs.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  3. Agilityscots

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Thanks Cynthia, I'll try that. You'll get a chuckle out of this--when I called the company, she asked how I heard about them. I wanted to say, "Speckledhen!" but I controlled myself. [​IMG] I told them I had chickens and someone on a message board had mentioned their product, and she said, "Ah, BackyardChickens.com." I said, "How'd you know?" and she told me they've been getting a lot of calls for it lately!

I called my TSC, just a mile down the road, and they no longer carry it! Bummer.

4. SandraChick

SandraChick Chillin' With My Peeps

How funny-

I heard about STALL DRY from BYC, and my feed stores didn't carry it. Then I found out the competitor is Sweet PDZ and they all carried that!

They're basically the same, so ask your feed store if they carry Stall Dry. As it turns out, they usually carry one or the other!

Sandra

5. Agilityscots

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Hi Sandra,

That's a great tip--thanks! I'll check with TSC tomorrow; they're much closer than the feed store that's 20 minutes away and has Sweet PDZ. I'm really surprised that the company who makes Sweet PDZ doesn't offer online ordering.

Amy

6. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    The website said to email them and they would advise who in your area sells it but I haven't heard from them. I emailed them last night.

jackie

7. Agilityscots

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Hi Jackie,

I emailed them several days ago and never heard from them, so that's why I called them yesterday. They gave me only one name for a feed store, and when I called the number, it was someone's house. So I did a search on my own, looking up feed stores and making phone calls, and found a supplier about twenty minutes away.

Amy

8. motherhubbert68

motherhubbert68 Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2013
    Jefferson County Al
    Hey guys does pdz kill the germs too or can you mix it with lime?

9. nukku

nukku New Egg

Jul 31, 2014
    ive been looking on the net trying to find sweet pdz in the uk and im struggling alot, does anyone live in the uk that purchases pdz, i really would like to try it as its got some great results x

10. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    I remember reading that someone in the UK got it from a chemical or mineral company....

Sweet PDZ is nothing more than the mineral Zeolite in either a granulated(better) or powdered(really dusty) form.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by