Where to buy trays for a hutch?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chickenmaven, Oct 29, 2009.

  1. Chickenmaven

    Chickenmaven Songster

    Feb 6, 2009
    I was given two really nice 24x36 rabbit hutches - the red cedar-looking kind they sell at Tractor Supply. Gently used. Because my friend kept them in a covered area, the wood is in great condition. The metal pull out pans are falling apart, though. They are in bad, bad shape!

    Where can I get replacement pans? I didn't find any at Tractor Supply. I found some on-line at Bass Supply. Is this my only option?
  2. popcornchicken

    popcornchicken In the Brooder

    May 7, 2009
    We found trays for our rabbits at Rural King, don't remember what sizes they had, but we have 30X30 cages and they had that size.
  3. kick'n chick'n

    kick'n chick'n Songster

    Nov 18, 2008
    i would see if tsc could order them for you. or you could find a see if the local school's metal shop could make you some.
  4. Whitehouse Quail

    Whitehouse Quail Songster

    Jul 1, 2009
    You could use washer/dryer pans from Lowes/Menards. They are like 5.00, about $20.00 a pop cheaper
  5. Chris09

    Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

    Jun 1, 2009
  6. vicki2x2

    vicki2x2 Super Chick

    Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    You can usually get them at rabbit shows cheaper and they also sell molded plastic trays that last a lot longer too. For shows in your area, you can look them up on the American Rabbit Breeders Association website.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by