Where to find a good price on netting?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by CelticOaksFarm, Oct 29, 2009.

1. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Ok we are 30 days out on the move and the silkies and d'uccles will get to have run of the garden at the new location. I would like to cover it with flight netting for when they are in the garden, and want to find it at a good price of coarse. Does anyone have any place online they found a good deal at?

2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    we bought ours at lowes, 14x14 netting $6
    our run is longer and narrower, so we just rolled it out, cut it in half and used zip ties to attach it to the run.

3. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    I bought deer netting for mine from the local feed and tack store. It was pretty inexpensive.
    The lady who worked there told me that she found that better than the other nettings and cheaper. She was right.

4. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    The best deal I found was an ebay seller ebigonline, netting is priced shipping included and cheaper than I found it elsewhere, and available in many different sizes.

5. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Thank you all. I knew there would be deals and suggestions to be had.

6. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    I was talking with DH about this and he corrected me, we actually bought the deer netting at Lowes because it comes in 100 ft rolls for around 13 dollars

7. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I used the deer netting too - 100' roll 7' wide for $15 at Lowe's.

I stapled it to the top board in the run (heavy-duty staples) and used wire ties to hold the edges together.
    So far it has withstood heavy rain and strong winds.
    I'm hoping heavy snowfall doesn't take it down.

My theory is hawks can see it and won't bother trying to come through for the hens, cause it's not like it could actually hold off a determined hawk!

8. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Another benefit of the deer netting is that it is snake-proof, and if you leave some excess netting on the ground snakes get tangled up in it and die. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by