Where to find a rooster?

raterus

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 2, 2013
Hello all, I got a straight-run of rhode-island reds earlier this year, with the intention I would breed then later this year. Certainly I'd get roosters & hens from a straight-run, right? Unfortunately I didn't (bummer right?) They're all hens.

My question is, do you have any sites/ideas how I would locate a rooster? I searched Craiglist, and put a wanted listing on there, but no dice yet. None of my friends have them, or know of anyone with them. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
Keep an eye one the rehoming thread here, as you seem to be one of the .05 percenters that didn't end up with a man chick...I see a lot of Roos 'to good homes'... Good luck.

Hello all, I got a straight-run of rhode-island reds earlier this year, with the intention I would breed then later this year.  Certainly I'd get roosters & hens from a straight-run, right?  Unfortunately I didn't (bummer right?)  They're all hens.

My question is, do you have any sites/ideas how I would locate a rooster?  I searched Craiglist, and put a wanted listing on there, but no dice yet.  None of my friends have them, or know of anyone with them.  Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,
Michael

All pullets from a strait run, your the luckest guy in the world lol I would go play the lotto. I never got all pullets from a strait run order even with a all pullet order I still ended up with one or two roos lol. I have a 6 week old BR Roo I am either giving away or trading for a pullet but im not sure where you are located lol.

I look at the rehoming page, but it's so hard to find anyone who is near to me. Any way to locate by state/region? I'm north AL near the Tenn line

Thanks for the help!

So I just had to figure it the probability of getting all hens. I got 10 chicks, and the chance they were all hens is 1/1024! I used this site to figure this out.

I once had 7 pullets out of a straight run order of 6 Buff Orps from Cackle. Even the packing peanut was female. Do I use 6 or 7 to figure those odds?

Try finding your state thread on the "Where am I" where are you!" section of this forum.

I have a 26 week old Blue Andalusian (well behaved, good looking bird... but my girls are BR's and BO's)... you're welcome to him if you happen to be passing through Virginia..??

Back
Top Bottom