Where To Find Certain Breeds of Chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CrazyHorse18, Nov 6, 2010.

1. CrazyHorse18

CrazyHorse18 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2010
    Michigan
    Around me, all I can get from TRUSTED hatcheries, are: Buff Orpingtons, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Golden Laced Wyandottes, California Grey Leghorns, Light Brahamas, Rhode Island Reds, ISA Browns, Barred Rocks, Araucanas, Black Australorps, and of course, the Bantams as far as chickens go. I'm looking for other breeds, like Silkies, etc.. Anyone know of any hatcheries in Michigan or other states that will ship that carry something other than the above breeds? I like our duck selection of Indian Runners, Pekins, and Rouens, though would like to get a Muscovey (sp?) if I could. We have White and Bronze turkeys for a selection. Just wondering! Thanks!

2. newchickky

newchickky Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2010
    Redford
    Where do you live in michigan? There is a place in Brighton that has Silkies that hatches year rounds. They do not ship though.

3. CrazyHorse18

Nov 5, 2010
    Michigan
    That's a little far from me, but, thanks! I did find some hatcheries that are out of state, but will ship, and they are decently priced and have some really cool looking birds. Just have to wait until they are in stock! lol Mt. Healthy, McMurray, and Ideal are three I have found.

4. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

I may have silkies next year (partridge, pos. splash) and will let you know if I do. But I'm in NY, jsyk.

5. CrazyHorse18

Nov 5, 2010
    Michigan
    Would you be willing to ship?

6. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Sure, if you're willing to pay! [​IMG]
    My silkie roo "Cinnamon" isn't fertile yet but should be by spring. As soon as my splash girl starts laying, I may purchase a good quality blue or splash rooster for her. Check out my site.

7. CrazyHorse18

Nov 5, 2010
    Michigan
    Nah, free shipping or no deal. LOL! Just let me know what you have when you have it, how much, and how much for shipping. [​IMG] I did, your site looks cool! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by